Yesterday was our ward primary program and, I have to say, am I ever glad it is over! As much fun it is to see these darling kids say their lines and sing their songs and sit on the stand for over an hour with minimal adult supervision (ahh, the scenes that arose were hilarious!) it is so stressful, I actually caught myself smiling all day after that because I physically felt the stress leave my body once the closing prayer was said. I don't think I've ever been more relieved!
Next year, however, I am happy to say I will be able to view it from OFF the stand, as I was officially released as First Counselor in the Primary Presidency yesterday and called to be a Sunday School Teacher over the 14/15 yr. olds. I left the stand after the closing prayer and, amidst tears and cries over my release (from my own kids!), went directly to my new classroom and taught my new class. What I thought would be a class full of the kids I'd first taught when I was called to primary 3 years ago turned out to be a class full of strangers, except for one returning student. I had a fun time getting to know them and getting a glimpse of their fun personalities. I look forward to developing a relationship with these strong youth and feel privileged that the Lord feels I am worthy enough to teach these great kids. I pray I will prove him right!
5 weeks ago
3 comments:
Congrats Hill! You'll be such a great example for them. Not to mention tons of fun for them!
You are the BEST!!! I would love a Prop 8 sign (if it doesn't get stolen first.) Good for you for doing so much work for it. We are praying for all you guys and for it to pass. Miss you!!
How awesome!! You will be a wonderful teacher for this group! I used to have this calling, I miss those kids!
Post a Comment