5 weeks ago
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Our Drive
We had a safe drive up to Seattle, it took us over 25 hours! But the looks on the faces of our kids when we finally reached snow was well worth any driving. We stopped at a gas station at around 4:30am Friday morning, in the middle of the pass, and we all got out of the car to have a snowball fight. The kids were having great fun trying to catch Sean and I. It was almost magical, since the only light was right over the pumps, the rest of the forest was dark and still. We had the place to ourselves, the store wasn't even open.
When we stopped for breakfast we took a quick picture of the snow in the parking lot. We had continuous snow all the way up Oregon until we got close to Portland, when it tapered off, and the bare trees along the I-5 cast a beautiful foreground of the Portland Temple (I took the picture as we drove).

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very romantic...good job Sean!
Post a Comment