Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ugh...Life

Do you ever feel like life is just....life? Like, all the trials and tribulations are coming at you in every direction, but you can't get a grip and you think, "what's all this about?"

Do you ever feel like things are piling up and your burdens are going to break you?

A scripture comes to mind that goes something like this:
"The Lord will shape the back to bear the burden placed upon it."
What if I don't want a crooked back? What if I want to stand tall? I'm pretty sure I'm not an ant. What is the exact carrying load for humans, anyway?
Perhaps there is a mix-up in the appointment books in heaven. Am I getting all these trials at once because someone up there forgot to send me one a while ago, or gave me one too soon?
And, no, it's nothing anyone reading my blog can fix... unless someone has a spare million bucks or so. I know, I know, money doesn't solve all problems. But it would for sure get me into a massage therapist once a week for almost the rest of my life so as I deal with these issues at least the muscles in my back don't kink up and prevent me from carrying this load.
PS I look back on my life even just a few years ago and am amazed at how much simpler it was, even with the trials I was going through then. It's scary to think I might look back on this time and think it was/is simple.....oh, the future is a scary thing.

1 comment:

Rebecca M said...

You are a great example and I hope you are able to continue to bear that heavy load, and better yet, that your burdens are lifted sooner than later! Whatever comes, you have the strength to handle it!