James wants so badly to be a member of the "school" club. He sees his brother and sisters and friends go to school each morning and he has to be stuck with me all day. Poor guy!
This morning he got all ready to go with me to drop off the kids (as is routine) but this time he brought along his Superman lunch box. It was empty, but he felt better with it, so I allowed it.
As we got out of the car to walk the kids into the school he brought his lunch box. Again, I thought it was cute - the older kids with their backpacks and James with a little lunch box.
Then the bell rang for school to start. Becky and Alex both gave me hugs goodbye and then ran off to their lines. James, not to be left out, decided to do the same. He ran up to me and, with a huge, bright smile, gave me as big a hug as his little arms could manage. He then picked up his lunch box (which he had carefully put on the ground) and, while waving goodbye, walked off to find a line to stand in. He was so happy, so proud. I had to just watch. And while I watched he turned and waved again.
He walked halfway around the semi-circle of lined up classes, then decided to come back. When he found me he took my hand and indicated he wanted to say goodbye to his siblings. We then walked together to their lines and he ran up to each for a hug. What a cutie he is! What a sweet brother. He misses his siblings dearly when they are at school and asks about going to pick them up all day long. He adores his brother and sisters and I'm sure he truly can't wait to join them at school.
This morning he got all ready to go with me to drop off the kids (as is routine) but this time he brought along his Superman lunch box. It was empty, but he felt better with it, so I allowed it.
As we got out of the car to walk the kids into the school he brought his lunch box. Again, I thought it was cute - the older kids with their backpacks and James with a little lunch box.
Then the bell rang for school to start. Becky and Alex both gave me hugs goodbye and then ran off to their lines. James, not to be left out, decided to do the same. He ran up to me and, with a huge, bright smile, gave me as big a hug as his little arms could manage. He then picked up his lunch box (which he had carefully put on the ground) and, while waving goodbye, walked off to find a line to stand in. He was so happy, so proud. I had to just watch. And while I watched he turned and waved again.
He walked halfway around the semi-circle of lined up classes, then decided to come back. When he found me he took my hand and indicated he wanted to say goodbye to his siblings. We then walked together to their lines and he ran up to each for a hug. What a cutie he is! What a sweet brother. He misses his siblings dearly when they are at school and asks about going to pick them up all day long. He adores his brother and sisters and I'm sure he truly can't wait to join them at school.
1 comment:
He is such a funny guy!!
Post a Comment