I was feeling ill yesterday, and kept getting worse as the day went on. At 4pm I picked the girls up from school and practically passed out when we finally got home. I called Sean to ask if he had a meeting that night so I could plan my rest or demise, as the case may be. Sean called me back at about 5:30 to say that he did have a meeting and I literally cried. Upon hearing that I was worse instead of better since he last talked to me that day, he told me he was skipping his evening meeting and coming home with pizza when his work meeting was over. I counted the minutes until he got home at 6:15 and gave up all my energy reserves to stay awake and keep the kids entertained and busy with homework until he came home.
When he walked through our door he took charge of the "situation," getting the kids fed, force-feeding me medicine and water (ugh! I hate taking any medicines!), helping them with their homework, and tucking me into bed. He even switched blankets for me because the one I had on the bed was too scratchy for my ache-y body! I got to rest for an hour before I had to feed James, and then he got the kids into bed and joined me on the couch to keep me company.
How I could have ever survived without his love is impossible to think! He truly is my hero, and even had the patience to hear and answer my questions about Lord of the Rings while he watched it (I saw it once when it came out, and not since, so I'm a bit lost on the details).
Because of Dr. Sean I feel so much better today. I still have the stuffy nose and ears, but I've learned my lesson and decided to stay home and rest today so Sean doesn't have to sacrifice his plans to take care of the results of my stubbornness. Sean even got the girls ready for school and dropped them off for me so I could have a really relaxing morning. I truly love my husband, and I'm so grateful for his willingness to take care of me, even when I'm sick and loopy! Thank you, my love!
5 weeks ago
3 comments:
Aahh! What a sweet husband! I'm glad that he came to your rescue. I hope that you feel better soon.
P.S. I love the music on your blog and the new look. Good job!
Hope you're feeling better! Your blog looks so cute! Love the updates!
Yay for great husbands. Hope you are feeling better!
Post a Comment