5 weeks ago
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Summer Recap
Well, I'm sorry to say that I haven't been up with my blogging this summer...uhh...obvious! And, instead of going back and blogging each event seperately, I decided to take the easy-man's out and put all summer activity pictures into a slideshow and recap it all in this posting.
For the most part, we had a great summer filled with family activities and many "firsts" (mostly James'). The two weeks of "Family Week" had to be our highlight because this is when most of these summer activities occurred (who knew one could fit that much stuff into two weeks?!). Sean also started preparing for his new job at the District Office, though it didn't actually start until end of August, and Hillary tried her best to keep the kids busy while dad was away with promises of stuff we'd do when he got home. There was one day when the kids entertained themselves entirely with legos, only stopping for the occassional meal. Gotta love the Legos!
Although we're sorry to see summer leave we were all glad to be back in routine once school started again on 4 September. The girls are back at The Intensive Learning Center (Becky in 3rd grade and Jane in 2nd) and Alex is back with Mrs. King at preschool. He is her very best helper, as he is at home with his mom. I am so grateful to have him here to entertain me and James and make us all laugh when we especially need it.
Sean seems to be adjusting well to his new position, although it still keeps him hopping as he learns the new math curriculum and how to best teach it to fellow teachers.
We are continually reminded of our blessings and thank our Lord for guiding us along His path.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hi Hill,
It was good to hear from you! Thanks for inviting me to view your blog. I love all the pictures! Especially the one of James sleeping on Sean, how cute! Your kids are so cute! I miss you guys and the fun mom's group days!
I'm glad you're having a great summer!
Love,
Crystal
P.S. We'll be back in CA around the end of October, we hope to see you guys again!
Post a Comment