Friday, December 5, 2008

Earthquake!

It all started with a headache...
In the early afternoon I had an immense headache that lasted for about an hour. It came suddenly, then left suddenly.
Just now, well, about an hour ago, there was an earthquake in Ludlow, CA (about three hours away from here). I was sitting on the couch holding James and felt the couch move. I went into the hallway and motioned for Sean to come talk to me (he was tucking kids in) and told him we had an earthquake.
"No, we didn't."
"Yes, we did!"
"No, we didn't!"
"YES, we did!!"
"It was probably a car going down the street or something."
"NO, IT WAS AN EARTHQUAKE!"
(Of course, all this yelling was done in whisper so as not to freak out the kids).
So Sean came into the TV room and turned on the TV, saying that if it were an earthquake they'd have it on the news.
5-7 minutes went by with nothing on the news.
Sean gloated.
A minute later BREAKING NEWS flashed on the screen and we were told there had been a 5.5 earthquake in Ludlow, CA.
So, HAH! I may have lived in Seattle for half of my life, but I was born a Californian, lived here until I was 8, and moved back when I was 22, so I can say I have lived here for half of my life. I think I know the difference between a car and an earthquake!
So, to my dear husband, I love you, but I was right. :)

A thing to mention:
Last July when we had an earthquake I had had an immense headache then, as well. I had put off building a fort with the kids because I wasn't feeling well, then it went away suddenly and we started building one anyway. That is when the earthquake hit.
Now, I'm not saying that my brain can detect when an earthquake is going to happen, but I am saying that I am probably very allergic to earthquakes. I'm beginning to think they aren't good for my health.......

2 comments:

Rebecca M said...

Oooo, scary. And I love when I'm right too! I'm so glad I can finally read your blog! Yay!

Cheryl Anne said...

yikes! Earthquakes scare me. Of course tornados do too. and hurricanes. shall I go on? LOL. Glad it wasn't a bad one and glad you get to gloat. :)