Thursday, February 12, 2009

Field Trip!


Alex, James and I (Hillary) were fortunate enough to join Jane and her 2nd grade class at the Aquarium of the Pacific.

We escorted Jane's friends from 9:45am until 1:15pm. Jane picked the friends she wanted to go with us: Noah, Nathan, and Jorge. In the above picture the kids are posing in front of the giant spider crab exhibit.

A great treat was seeing the diver cleaning the exhibits. She was even kind enough to pose for our picture!

All the kids got a chance to feed the Lorikeets. When we walked into the exhibit I was attacked by two Lorikeets looking for food. The have a good grip with those little claws!

All the kids loved the giant sea-stars. They had a fun time differentiating between the sea-stars (seen in the picture with long, skinny points) and the bat-stars (not pictured, but have wide, fat points that look like a duck's webbed feet).

2 comments:

Rebecca M said...

I think those birds are EVIL! When I went there one flew on my head! Scariest thing ever, I nearly had a panic attack!!

Lis Monroe said...

It looks like Alex and Janey had a great time!