Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Pali

On July 24th and 25th I was honored to be a part of a long, dear friend's wedding(s) up in Washington. We'd known each other since 4th grade and through all these years we've kept in touch and stayed close friends. Rupali Giri becamse Rupali Giri Mahli. Hah! What fun!


Me and Pali at her wedding reception. She had two weddings: a Sikh wedding and a Hindu wedding, followed by a fabulous reception on Saturday night.


Our OLD school friends gathered after the Hindu ceremony: (back) me, Justin, Brandon (behind Kyle), Dan, JR (married to Elena); (middle) Omar, Sara, Kyle (Sara's husband), Kari, Chanthay, Anna; (bottom) Satinder-Paul, Pali, Elena


At the Kirkland Waterfront: Omar, Me, Kari, Dan, Elena


Bridesmaids with the Bride in the bridal waiting room at the Sikh Temple: (back) Me, Chanthay, Anna; (front) Kari, Pali, Elena


After the Sikh Ceremony inside the temple: Kari, Chanthay, Me, Anna, and Elena with Satinder-Paul and Pali


We had THE most wonderful time together this weekend. The only thing that could have made it any better were if Sean could have come, but alas, he stayed home with the kids that whole week. I am so grateful to such a husband that supports me in supporting such a dear friend. I truly had a great time reminiscing with them and spending time with my family because HE stayed home so willingly with the kids.
Another shout-out to Melissa and Shauna for helping with the kids that week. You, too, helped me greatly to enjoy my trip. Thank you so much!
And thanks to Grandma Monroe, too, for taking care of all the grandkids on my last vacation day. I know they had a blast with you!
One more shout-out to Leslie (who, Grandma says, was extra helpful, in spite of her gimpy foot. Hope you're continuing to recover!), and Grandpa (who also helped with the kids on that last Monday).
What would I do without such great friends and family?!

5 comments:

Mel said...

Sounds like you had lots of fun! The wedding sounds very interesting! Don't forget about Grandma who took the day off and took care of ALL 6 grandkids! Whew!

Sean and Hillary Monroe said...

Thanks Melissa! I think I left my brain in Washington!

Rebecca M said...

I am loving those Indian dresses! It looks so good on you!!

Lis Monroe said...

I does sound like you had a very interesting experience. Love the dresses! Don't forget Leslie who helped in spite of having a gimpy foot and pregnant. Having an extra person around helps alot.

Honey! said...

Omg the weddings looked FABULOUS! And you look so cute in the sari!