Thursday, July 30, 2009

Alex's Prayers

So in our family we all know that Alex will have THE longest prayers each night. He prays for everything (and usually with his eyes open so he can look around and make sure he doesn't forget anything). Usually towards the end of his prayers he'll say, "And please bless we'll sweep the floors and mop the floors and do the dishes and do the laundry, and get all of our chores done that we need to get done.....In Jesus Name, Amen." (It's a wonder he hasn't lost faith yet, seeing as I'm REALLY bad at getting those things done!)

The other day we were reading in Helaman about how the Nephites were becoming more wicked than the Lamanites. We had a family discussion about this- about how the wicked were becoming more righteous than the Nephites.

So Alex's prayer that night included, "And please bless the wicked people to be more righteous."

What faith! I almost cried right there (isn't hard, these days, to set me off!). I was so impressed that he had absorbed that principle. What an eye opener for me and I can say it increased my testimony to the fact that the wicked really can have a change of heart, and it will most likely be through this next generation's spirit and work that it is done. I feel so blessed to have such choice spirits in my home.

No comments: