And as I was making it, and noticing I had a bit of fabric left over, I decided to make a matching one for my little niece, Abigail, who was blessed earlier this month.
And then of course I had to make one (ahem I mean two!) for myself! :)
And while I was thus cutting and sewing (and wearing) I was reminded of my love for cotton. Forget polyester, rayon, and all those other synthetic fabrics. Give me the good ol' soft, pliable, stretchy, warm/cool cotton. And as a person who is prone to static attacks (of the hair), I can't be more thrilled to finally be able to wear scarves without raising my roof! :)
Oh, and I almost forgot to mention the little felt flowers. I went to another ward's Achievement Girl's Activity (taught by a great friend of mine) just to learn how to make these and I can't believe how easy they are! So I made a couple to send along with the scarves. They have a little sleeve on the back that you can slip a hair clip/bobby pin into, slide over a headband, or (as my girls showed me) onto a little finger for a cute (albeit LARGE ring). Oh, I love learning new things!
No comments:
Post a Comment