Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I Love This Guy!

We celebrated our 12th Anniversary this past year (2010) and I'm so honored to be the wife of this amazing man.  He truly is anything and everything I could ever hope to get in a husband.  Sean Alexander Monroe is amazing.  Truly amazing.  And I could never, ever deserve him.

But I'll take him anyway. :)

For our Anniversary we dropped the kids off at Lis and Kevins' (thanks again!) for the NIGHT!  Oh, the thoughts of being able to sleep in gave us so much energy!  We went to dinner thanks to a gift certificate Sean got from a coworker, then decided to see the much anticipated movie, Tangled.  I LOVE the story of Rapunzel, so I was VERY excited to see this movie and I was NOT disappointed!  It was fabulous.  I'd see it every day if I could and I even made Sean get the music for me so I could listen to it all the time! :)
Since we still had energy we decided to see ANOTHER movie - the new Narnia movie (which was also a great movie).  After that we STILL had energy so we went home and got the rest of Christmas organized and wrapped and packed.  Ahhh.... it was truly a relaxing night.  And THEN we had planned on getting up early to go to the temple for our annual sealing session, but we slept in, missing the alarm.  Apparently Heavenly Father knows our intentions, but saw our need of sleep and organization to be much greater.  Our house got so clean in the hour and a half we had before it was time to pick up the kids!  I don't think we'd cleaned it that well since before soccer started.  Sad?  Yes.  Pathetic?  Perhaps.  Reality?  Definitely.
Our actual anniversary (Saturday) was spent finishing up last-minute Christmas stuff, Jane's end-of-season soccer team party, and the Ward Christmas party (at which Sean did a great job leading a rendition of 12 days of Christmas).  All in all it was a great way to celebrate our 12 years of eternal marriage. 

1 comment:

Lis Monroe said...

always a pleasure to have the kids over. I wish my "projects" had been more fun. Becky was really the only one who got into it - although they all tried to humor grandma.