Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

Sean was so cute! He called me up on Friday from work and asked if I had plans for Saturday night. The whole conversation on the phone was of a guy asking a girl on a date. Actually it was better than that: how many guys will arrange the babysitter for the one they're dating?! It was so sweet!
Well, he "picked me up" at 6pm (when the sitter arrived) and we drove to Outback. The line was horrendously long so we nixed that idea, got take-out instead, then walked over to the mall (where Sean had parked the car - Outback has terrible parking!). We found a little table-for-two outside the Border's Express store and when we had finished eating our delicious meal we browsed in the bookstore until kicked out at closing. We then grabbed a couple of things at Target before heading over to Mimi's to grab a couple of muffins for dessert/breakfast.
On the way home we ran by Blockbuster and rented "Becoming Jane," which we watched once we got home. It was a quiet, relaxing night. I didn't have to rush for reservations; there was no hurrying from one place to another. We could go anywhere we wanted on a whim, just the two of us. It was nice to take it easy for a night and leave our rushing, planned lives for another day.
Thank you, Sean! It was so nice to be with you and breathe!
Oh, and of course thank you for my 1 lb. box of See's!

3 comments:

Jarom & Crystal said...

Happy Valentines Day! I'm glad it was a relaxing night for you guys, it sounds like a lot of fun too!! Way to go Sean for arranging the babysitting, that's also cute the way he asked you out.

Miss you guys!

Jenny said...

Sounded like you Vday rocked! Thanks for the compliments on the kitchen. That's what happens when out of CA. And it's an engineered stone (I think Quartzite) not granite. You are welcome here anytime:)

Bethany said...

I love that he called you up and asked you out. That is so romantic!
Thanks for the comment on our blog. It's nice to know that other moms have those days too. I feel more normal and less like a crazed, overwhelmed mama!