Monday, February 1, 2010

Crystal's Quilt

So I started this quilt when I found out that my good friend, Crystal, was having a boy. I was so excited for her, and, selfishly, decided to expand my talent of quilt-making. I admit, I wasn't that bright and tried to do it by hand, like I did with Traesa's, but I wisened up REAL fast (since it was taking SO long) and decided to just wait until I got my sewing machine. Well, for my anniversary and Christmas presents combined Sean got me the sewing machine I had wanted. It's light, works great, and in less than a week I was able to whip this baby out:




I have to admit, I absolutely love making quilts, and I'm kind of addicted to the triangle edge. Perhaps on my next quilt I'll branch out to something new...perhaps.

2 comments:

Lis Monroe said...

Very nice Hillary - you have a real talent!

LeAnn said...

Impressive. Not just that it turned out so nice, but you did it with a houseful of children and a husband! Well done Hillary. What kind of sewing machine did you get?