Well, so here they are:

Some things I learned:
* cutting wire coat hangers isn't as easy as one might think.
* doing 8 hearts in 2 days isn't recommended - it hurts your fingers. MUCH better: doing some over a period of time and not waiting until the last minute!
* Mr. Potato Head can end up looking like Mr. Egg Head if you don't do it right - I still don't like the template I ended up with. Perhaps I'll wait for Becky to draw me one before I start another. :)
* felt is easy to sew, but not if you use sticky-back velcro. It can ruin the machine. Get the sewable velcro instead.
* alcohol gets the sticky-back velcro glue off your needle, scissors, and just about anything else it sticks to.
* little kids' fingers are great for shoving the stuffing into small holes.
* I am NOT an artist! ;) haha Nor can I sew in small circles very well. One step at a time, I say.
* learning something new is fun, but having a template is funner!
No comments:
Post a Comment