
I had an absolutely GREAT time visiting my family in Washington on February 4th! I got a lot of stuff done for mom, and also had play time. Wimp and I missed our trip to Theno's but we were able to go to the Village Cafe for breakfast. Can we say, "Cinnamon Rolls?" For $5 you get a roll the size of 2+ Cinnabon rolls stuck together. And it was DELICIOUS!
Each night we were absorbed in a series about John Adams and the framing of the Constitution and Declaration of Independence. I now covet that series. Dad is going to have to will it to me. haha
On Saturday mom and I saw Dear John. For those of you who have yet to see it, make sure you know where your tissue is BEFORE they turn off the lights. Less than half-way through I was digging in my purse to find mine. And let me tell you, it's always harder to find tissue when your eyes are all teary!
After the movie we went shopping, then came home to get ready to go on our GNO. We took Aunt Patty to the Pink Door in Seattle where she was given a small bridal shower (as in, just the four of us). She told us all her wedding plans during dinner and when Jay came to pick Patty up I was able to congratulate them both on their upcoming nuptuals. He's so awesome!
On Sunday I went with mom and dad to their ward for church, then stayed for Wimp's Single's ward. All I'm going to say is, it's truly a Single's Ward! haha! Love that movie!
Monday was my play day, so that's when I went to breakfast with the Wimp, had lunch with Molly (no pics because I forgot my camera!) and pigged out on corn bread and potato soup in a bread bowl, then dinner with Pali where once again corn bread was my friend, along with a YUMMY salad. I had a great time catching up with all of these girls and sharing some laughs.
Tuesday was packing/last minute stuff before we headed out to the airport. I was exhausted all last week as I adjusted to being back with responsibility, but I was refreshed and reenergized. Just what every mom needs now and again. Love you, mom, for bringing me up! And love you, honey, for bringing me home and making this possible!
No comments:
Post a Comment