Monday, March 29, 2010

Building...

We were blessed to have fabulous neighbors to the rear of our yard who were getting rid of a lot of wood. Nine 4x4 beams measuring 12' long, as well as several other pieces of wood. We used the beams to make our new garden box, in which we planted watermelon, canteloupe, cucumbers, and LOTS of peppers. The kids had a great time helping Sean and I pound in all the random, rusty nails.



And for the finished project(s)...

Our sun post with upside-down hanging roma tomatoes, with right-side-up flowers. Underneith is a tomato plant. We're hoping to grow beans up the pole (thanks for the idea, Lis!).

hanging pots and random pots with onion and broccoli seeds....

Our 12'x4' garden box...

5 comments:

Lis Monroe said...

Very nicely done. Your garden looks great and you will have fabulous veggies to eat before you know it!

Rebecca M said...

Ohh I can't wait to see how everything turns out! I so want to get into gardening once were in our house!

Lis Monroe said...

Pretty fabulous looking garden!

LeAnn said...

Hill, I love your garden pics and especially the sun post one. What a fabulous idea. Can you email the how & whats for this project. I have a small space where I think this would be great. Love to follow your family via your blog : )

Dustin and Melissa said...

Cute planter! My parents always had a garden in the backyard...I have great memories of picking and eating fresh vegetables in the summer and fall months. :)