Monday, October 26, 2009

Because Sometimes Sundays Spill onto Mondays...


(If you haven't yet, read my previous post)
This picture has nothing to do with the post, but I thought I'd throw a picture of James in anyway. It's very typical of James - everything he touches becomes a baseball.

I was feeling a little better this morning (my aches went away sometime last night) and, though I wasn't up to my usual morning walk, I thought I could handle a trip to the grocery store for some fresh fruits and veggies, cereal, soups and more meds.

I filled my cart and thought to myself, "I've gotten everything I thought I needed, but I should probably go down this one last aisle, just in case I'd forgotten something.

I should have left when I thought I had everything.

Just as we were exiting the aisle, on our way to checkout, James reached into the back of the cart, grabbed the top of the egg carton, and pulled. ALL of the 18 eggs spilled out of the carton and into the cart and onto the floor. The next 5 minutes were spent trying to locate all 18 eggs. The last one was found at the bottom of the cart under a whole bunch of stuff. Only one actually made it to the floor, by way of my pants. It was so ironic I felt like crying.

I informed a passing clerk of the mishap, and she told me, "No problem. We'll get this cleaned up. Go back to the dairy section, turn this carton in to the dairy guy and get yourself a new carton of eggs before you check out."

Yeah right. Like I was going to go all the way to the back of the store to get a new carton. Who knows what James would do next? I thought for sure that at less than $.08 an egg I could handle three cracked eggs.
So I left.
And that is how Sunday spilled onto Monday.

No comments: