Sunday, March 8, 2009

James at 14 Months

We went to the doctor the other day and James was measured at 22 lbs and 29 inches long. He's just 14 months, yet growing so fast! Poor guy also had to get four shots as well as a lead test. James seemed to know before we even went into the room. We walked into the waiting room and he seemed to sense trouble. He started whining and got really clingy. When the nurse showed up he threw an absolute fit! I had to carry him to the waiting room (usually, now that he can walk pretty well, he insists upon walking just about everywhere). Once we got there he was still throwing a fit and the nurse had to ask if he was ok. I told her he seems to know why we were there, but she didn't believe me. He refused to participate in all the regular check-up things, so I had to hold him still while she looked in his ears, mouth, eyes, and measured his head, length, and weighed him. He got even madder when I pulled up his pant leg to get him ready for the shots. I couldn't believe how fast his face could turn red!
So then it hit me: this is why James loves Sean more! I always made Sean take the kids to get their shots, but he's way too busy to do it with James, so I take him. The other kids always went to me when they were upset, not James! He loves daddy best. Oh, the prices we pay!

No comments: