Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Diary of a Traveler - Day 1

Today's travels don't have any pictures, because it was just so boring. But after much packing, much tidying up, a few LONG lines (for which I seemed to be the last person in them), two in-flight movies (thanks to my Itouch) and one stop in San Jose, I finally made it to Seattle. And THAT'S when I wished I hadn't packed my camera deep down into my purse. I wanted to take pictures of EVERYTHING!

But, there's always tomorrow. And the next day... and the next day.... (repeat 9 times) :)

Right now, I'm sitting on the couch, watching Ollie beg for attention as mom looks through my photo album and dad sorts through mail that accumulated during his trip to Sweden. I got a tour of the yard (which looks FABULOUS! - pictures to come), unloaded all the "gifts" I brought (including the pictures the kids drew - they LOVED them!), and helped move furniture to get ready for the carpet guys that come tomorrow. I should be tired, but I'm just so excited to be here that I don't know how long it'll take me to fall asleep....

I miss my kids - even the ones that don't stay in bed all that well...(you know who you are!) and I'm thinking of our most recent family outing, to the LA Temple Visitor's Center (which was amazing and I urge EVERYONE to take a few moments, or an hour or three, to visit and take the tour. It's just so beautiful and peaceful!). I looked at the pictures we took there and miss my beautiful family. I definitely need this time every now and then to re-energize and refocus.

Thank you, Sean, for making this possible.

Thank you, kids, for helping dad take care of the house while I'm gone. Make sure to do your chores.... :)

I love you!

Love,

mom


(It turns out that the new Visitor's Center Director -and his wife- are old family friends of mine from Washington- Elder and Sister MacDonald.)

1 comment:

The Monroe's said...

Hillary, I was just catching up on your blog & Washington looks beautiful! I want to go check it out now! It looks like you had a great time too! Hope you guys are doing well! ~Julie