Thursday, August 12, 2010

Diary of a Traveler - Day 3

This morning we began with cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning. I'd post pictures of all that, but really, how boring! So, instead I show you what we did AFTER all the cleaning:
We don't have Fred Meyers in CA, so I had a BLAST looking through all their racks and shelves of stuff.  It's always fun to see something new, and look what I found:
Do you notice the color scheme?  Yeah, I might have an obsession, but I think it's one I can live with.

I've also been enjoying all the scenery and greenery, especially in my parents' backyard.  They have truly made beautiful arrangements in their flowerbeds and around the fountain.  It's such a peaceful, relaxing setting:
Looking out the spa window last night I saw pine branches and I said to my mom,
"It's almost as if they're real!"
Haha, of course they're real, but I don't see them as often as I've been used to growing up here so when I do see them so perfectly hanging from the trees it's almost as if it isn't real, more like a lovely dream. :)
Becky - how was art class?
Jane - are you practicing your soccer drills?
Alex - are you teaching James some soccer drills?
James - are you practicing your pitching?
Dad - are you surviving?
I love you all!  Thank you for all you're doing while I am away - especially having fun, making memories, and planting that apple tree! :)

Love,
mom

No comments: