Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Diary of a Traveler - Day 2

I slept in. Normally I'd love it - except the carpet guys were supposed to be here anywhere between 8-12 today and I woke up at 8... which means I had little time to get ready. But that's ok - I didn't have that much to do to anyway. We moved a bit of furniture, ate breakfast, organized a few messes, and left for our fabulous appointment here:
Courtesy of my incredible mother I enjoyed 120 minutes of pure facial bliss.
What could top that?
So we came home, ate lunch, and moved all the furniture back into the living room, tv room, and study. Whew!
Tomorrow we plan on going through everything else that belongs in these rooms before putting it back exactly where it belongs - IF it belongs. :)
Today I also went through old pictures from my mom's desk.  Pictures of her on her trips, and pictures of our family.  Pictures of my siblings, my nephews, my children.
Pictures that remind me of why I'm here.
Pictures that remind me of where my family is.
I miss my family, and I love my family.  I'm so grateful to be here so I can take moments for reflection on this HUGE role I have as "mother."  I love my children so much and I want to be the best mom I can be.  Sometimes that means I need my own mom. 
Thank you, Sean, for giving me this time.
Thank you, kids, for understanding family love.
I love and miss you! :)
Love,
mom

No comments: