Monday, August 16, 2010

Diary of a Traveler - Day 5

(I left my computer in Seattle as we journeyed to Spokane, so these next two posts are catch-up now that I'm back....)
Saturday morning started out early.  Mom and I wanted to get a good start on our trip to Spokane to see Wimp's work and where she's living, so we got in the car at 9am and started our journey. 
We decided to make a quick detour to:
The little statue in front of the temple is one of my favorites.  It represents one of my favorite memories of being a mother.  I loved those moments when they each ventured off into the world of walking.  Tender moments! :)
After that we were on our way!

It was and always is such a joy to see so much green and so little city. :)

The little peak on the top there is Mt Si.  Mom says she'll take the kids up on that hike some day. "It's the most boring hike!" she says.  Haha, so why would she want to take the kids?

These were some of our snacks, as well as Cheetos. Twix, and a LOT of water. :)

Here we are over half way (mile 141 was closer to half way, but I missed that sign).  We're through the pass, over the Columbia River, and heading towards acres and acres of corn fields.

Here we are getting into the city of Spokane.  It really is gorgeous there.  A small town feel with all the necessities you'd get from a big city (Wallmart, Costco, malls, movies, an airport, and a temple).  Not to mention it's beautiful!
We quickly found our way to Wimp's place of work, and I practically jumped out of the car to get this picture:

Doesn't she look so cute?!  And when mom finally parked the car we got one of all of us:

So there wasn't a sign nearby of the title of her hospital, so we got a picture of Wimp in her lab coat by a statue that sat outside their front doors:

Ah!  We're all so excited for her!  After so long, so much waiting, and a LOAD of hard work she finally gets a few weeks reprieve before going back to work and school.  Yeah for playtime!
On our way back to her place we saw this street:

What fun!  I don't think we ever get very far without seeing SOMETHING Monroe! :)
After letting Wimp change into something comfy we headed out to find the mall and see the movie Eat, Pray, Love.  It was alright - I think I'd have enjoyed it more had I known at the time I watched it that it was based on true experiences.  It seemed a bit negative, without much positive, and they really could have done without all the cussing.
Anywhoooo....
There was a very cute store in the mall called, "Monroe."  It sold all sorts of cute hair flowers, tutus, onesies, hair clips, hats, etc.  I got pictures, but they somehow got erased :(  Something to do next time, for sure!
After the movie and a short drive around town we headed back to Wimp's place to relax and sleep.  :)
Becky - You'd love it here!  So many adorable buildings that are great for imagining fantasy stories.
Jane - You'd love it here, too!  TONZ of fun stuff to do, and all sorts of walks to go on.
Alex - I'm pretty sure you'd enjoy all the arenas and parks we drove by.  SOOOO much grass to play all sorts of games, and there's a river to go fishing, too!
James - I know you'd love it here!  There are so many places to explore and it's super close to everything so you wouldn't have to be strapped into your carseat for very long. :)
Sean - There are a PLETHORA of schools here, and most of them look brand new.  I'm SURE we could work something out. :)
I love you all!  More catching up to come tomorrow. :)
Love,
mom

No comments: