Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Diary of a Traveler - Day 9

Today we took Marcus (Wimp's friend from Sweden) to Seattle to see the sights.  It was SO fun to see all the things Seattle had to offer:
Produce, flowers, fish, fabulous jewelry, chocolate pasta (mom is trying some), local artists, and tourist attractions, as well as the locals:
It was a beautiful day and we got great shots of the views:

I especially loved seeing the Cascades, and the boats and sailors enjoying the water and warmth.
And, of course, the statues, the very first Starbucks, the parks, totem poles, beautiful flowers, and the steep streets...
We all had a great time!

And on the way home I was able to get a picture of the house boats and floating bridge.  It was the perfect day to enjoy the sights. :)
We were exhausted after our late night and our busy morning, so we all came home for naps and a late dinner. Mom and dad retired early and Marcus, Wimp and I watched Mama Mia. What a fun day. :)

Sean, Becky, Jane, Alex and James: I love you and I'm so looking forward to coming home in two days!  Have fun and enjoy your time together. School/work starts soon....
love,
mom

3 comments:

Rebecca M said...

Wow, you are a great vacation documenter! I felt like I was on the trip with you!

Dustin and Melissa said...

Wow! What a great trip! Seattle looks like a place we need to visit one day! We are glad you had a nice visit with your family and friends.

Honey! said...

Aww look at your awesome parents! Say hi to them for me!