Today I spent the morning with Wimp, the afternoon with Molly, and the evening with Pali and Elena.
Molly and I went to the Panera Bread Company. I had the most delicious soup in a bread bowl, but I also got some orange rolls for breakfast later this week. YUM! And I had a great time catching up with Molly. I'm so grateful she had the time to spend with me.
Later that evening I met up with Pali and Elena at the Cheesecake Factory in Bellevue. Oh, do they have YUMMY foods! We ordered just about everything on the appetizer menu (which means we gained about 35 pounds in one night) but my favorites were the fried cheese and the fire-roasted artichoke. Mmmmm.....
Elena showed us her helmet that Dave decorated for her, complete with Tigger. :)
I love Elena - she's so awesome! And she wasn't shy about posing for me, either. :) She has to be the bravest person I know.
Me, Elena and Pali outside Bell-Square Mall.
Elena and JR. I am in awe with how JR takes care of Elena and is always looking after her needs, and at the same time treating her as normal as possible and challenging her.
Elena with her helmet - she has to wear it anytime she is in a position where she could fall or get hurt (ie walking around, in the car, sitting on an unstable chair, etc).
Elena is getting better as time goes on, but some things are still a challenge and I love her for her courage and strength. I pray that the appoiutment in two weeks goes well and she can have the rest of her skull put back in within a month. Thanks for an incredible night ladies! Love to you both!
2 comments:
How long will you be in town? If you're here Sunday, I won't be as we will be in Alaska. Looks like you're keeping very busy on your "vacation."
I remember MOLLY ha ha ha ha
Post a Comment